You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated, and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
Title: Administrative Assistant to CEO
Reports to: CEO
Date: October 10, 2018
Halcyon seeks and celebrates creativity in all forms and galvanizes creative individuals aspiring to promote social good. We bring together diverse groups of changemakers in art and social enterprise and provide a safe haven for their bold ideas to take flight. Halcyon offers an ecosystem of advocacy that encourages socially engaged creatives to learn, freely experiment, sometimes fail, and advance their talents and visions. In doing so, we foster new pathways to knowledge and resources, and help innovators transform their inspiration into impact.
Manage all scheduling requests for the CEO, provide office management support for Halcyon’s headquarters, and work closely with the Advancement Manager in upkeep of Halcyon’s database CRM on behalf of the CEO. Position requires a keen eye for detail and incredible organizational skills for an ever-changing business calendar and complex schedule. The Administrative Assistant will be engaged in every aspect of day-to-day life, making discretion and confidentiality vital. Incredible customer service skills are a must.
- Manage and organize the CEO’s calendar including but not limited to: confirming meetings, travel/accommodations, sending meeting requests, invitations, etc.
- Respond to meeting requests, determining when meetings should be reserved for the CEO or which Halcyon team member is most appropriate and facilitating connection
- Assist Advancement Manager with the daily administration of Halcyon’s database CRM, EveryAction
- Add CEO’s contacts to the database in a timely manner, with follow up notes as applicable
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for signature and dissemination
- Assist Director of Events with setting up onsite lunch meetings for the CEO
- Greet and provide first-impression hospitality to guests upon arrival, occasionally provide tours on behalf of the CEO
- Work with IT Support on computer related issues for the CEO
- Field incoming phone calls on behalf of Halcyon, redirect calls as appropriate
- Manage and coordinate travel itineraries, both domestic and abroad, for CEO’s work-related travel
- Serve as a gateway for the CEO
- Support members of the Halcyon team with the annual Halcyon Awards Gala
- Discuss and review, weekly scheduling priorities regarding key organizational and external players with CEO
- Update and print team meeting agenda for weekly Halcyon team meeting; take notes and file appropriately
- Maintain collateral supplies for Halcyon’s front lobby table for guests and events
- Check email@example.com e-mail daily, respond to questions or forward to appropriate team members
- Purchase and distribute Halcyon team, Board and Honorary Board birthday cards
- Manage office supplies inventory and general office management for Halcyon’s HQ
- Sign for FedEx, USPS, UPS deliveries for Halcyon team and fellows
- Collect and distribute physical mail to team members and fellows’ mail into their mail boxes
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science degree
Minimum Experience Required:
At least one year experience as an administrative assistant; support of C-level executive experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Embody Halcyon’s values; nimbleness, humility, risk-tolerance, nurturing, and optimism.
- Exceptional organizational and flexible multi-tasking skills; prioritization and efficiency a must
- Team player with an optimistic, can-do approach and good sense of humor
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication and grammatical skills for corresponding with high-level donors, sponsors, board members, educators, representative of city/state/federal entities, diplomatic corps, volunteers, and professional colleagues, press members, and the public
- Proficient in PC and PC software; experience with Mac a plus
- Experience working in database software (examples NEON, Every Action, Sales Force, etc.) a plus
- Professional and approachable manner; use of utmost discretion at all times
- Willingness to adapt to an ever-changing, often high-speed environment
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement addressed to Erin Knisley, COS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.