You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
POSITION: GRAPHIC AND WEB DESIGN SPECIALIST
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Job Title: Graphic and Web Design Specialist
About the Position:
Design and produce highly engaging visual messaging for web, social media, and print applications to showcase the mission and voice of Halcyon, it’s programs, and for dedicated acquisition campaigns.
- Develop creative briefs, design concepts, messaging and assets for digital marketing campaigns; including but not limited to digital ads, email, social media, etc. in conjunction with the COS and marketing team.
- Assist COS to monitor and track web and social media performance to refine and improve future creative assets
- Assist COS in enforcing communications best practices and SOPs
- Keep the brand relevant by researching and recommending design trends, technical tools and applications in key channels such as mobile, social media, etc.
- Create and maintain a highly creative, flexible and collaborative atmosphere and culture, promoting continuous improvement and innovation. Must be comfortable with giving and receiving real time design feedback
- Protect, regulate, and maintain brand voice and guidelines across all channels
- Create and maintain mobile-responsive websites and landing pages
- Create functional wireframes in HTML to aid development
- Familiarity with cross-browser testing, responsive design and mobile design principles
- Familiarity working in a Mac and PC environment
- Work with COS on creative concept and collaterals for all Halcyon’s programs/initiatives to include Halcyon’s annual report
- Perform backup and maintenance of all Halcyon websites, including renewal of domains
- Maintain and enhance websites by adding and improving design and interactive features
- Manage print orders and deal with external suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Minimum of 2-5 years of advanced skill sets in digital design for web, print, and multimedia, (motion graphics and animation a plus)
- Able to produce in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated exceptional skill-sets in graphic design, typography, interface design, etc
- Experience in developing and delivering creative assets, copy and images for integrated campaigns (i.e email, landing pages, banners, etc)
- Solid understanding of production, pre-press, print and web-based technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who can conceptualize and design stunning materials
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to remain calm while operating under tight deadlines to produce quality digital design materials to support marketing efforts.
- DSLR photography experience a plus
- Proficiency with Adobe CS software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Premier etc.), and email applications.
To apply: submit Cover Letter, Resume, a link to your online portfolio (or Dropbox), and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Graphic + Web Designer Application 2018” in the subject line. Incomplete applications or applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
POSITION: RESEARCH MANAGER
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Career Level: Professional
About the position:
Design, write and produce the Social Enterprise Ecosystems Report (SEER), a first-of-its-kind study measuring the strength of social enterprise ecosystems across the United States. Lead on researching topics for the Halcyon Dialogue series, including writing the Dialogue reports.
- Manage national surveys to collect quantitative and qualitative data on social enterprise ecosystems.
- Conduct first-hand research on regional impact ecosystems
- Write clear and compelling content for SEER
- Establish and maintain relationships with consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders who contribute to and/or use the SEER report.
- Engage consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders in the preparation and dissemination of the SEER report.
- Keep funder informed and up-to-date on outcomes.
- Recommend formatting and research methodologies to strengthen the SEER reports.
- Ensure strategic dissemination of SEER reports, in collaboration with consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders.
- Expand the visibility of the SEER report.
Halcyon Dialogue related:
- Work with Halcyon’s Director of Policy and International Programs and other Halcyon staff to ensure the delivery of a world-class Dialogue series.
- Conduct and present research on topics used to frame Dialogue discussions.
- Identify and engage experts from a variety of fields to participate in and/or attend the Dialogue series.
- Gather strategic and specific guidance for the Dialogue series from sponsors, participants and Dialogue committee members.
- Function as recording secretary for Dialogue discussions, capturing all relevant content.
- Write and coordinate the production of Dialogue reports in partnership with Dialogue experts.
- Ensure strategic dissemination of Dialogue reports, in collaboration with sponsors and participants, relevant policy-makers and stakeholders in the US and abroad.
- Provide recommendations and action for Halcyon’s internal data collection and analysis.
- Stay abreast of trends in social enterprise ecosystem research and participate in relevant professional organizations and meetings to understand and, as appropriate, incorporate new information and approaches for future reporting.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
Three-years of experience in writing data-driven reports that have wide distribution and high impact.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interest in learning about social enterprise and policy
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and share complex information and data from multiple sources
- Solid research skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines and to pitch in where needed
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, good sense of humor
- Excellent problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Understanding of statistics and use of data
- Strong commitment to the Halcyon’s mission.
- Good social skills for dealing with donors, sponsors, high level members of the business and academic communities, representative of city/state/federal entities, diplomatic corps, volunteers and professional colleagues, press
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Computer literate
May be required to attend some evening and/or weekend events.
To apply: submit Cover Letter, Resume, a link to your online portfolio, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include “Research Manager Application 2018” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Type: Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Intern
Career Level: Student
About the Internship Program
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about various components of the Halcyon program portfolio: nonprofit management, event planning and management, and project management alongside Halcyon Incubator, Halcyon Arts Lab, or By The People (please indicate program choice in your application).
Nonprofit management: Intern will learn how a nonprofit organization operates and gain insight into stewarding historical properties. He/she will be exposed to programming, writing aimed towards foundations and grants, sponsorship, and general management.
Event planning and management: Halcyon will hold events throughout the year, allowing the intern to gain first-hand experience with the planning process for events of varying sizes and purposes. Additionally, Halcyon's newly launched By The People, will offer special event and festival planning experience.
Halcyon Incubator: Halcyon Incubator provides a hub for creativity that supports fearless social entrepreneurs, allowing forward-thinkers to address 21st-century challenges and achieve meaningful results. The intern will become familiar with the workings of a start-up incubator and the field of social entrepreneurship.
Halcyon Arts Lab: Halcyon Arts Lab provides support and resources to emerging artists working on projects which address issues of social justice, civic engagement, and community building. The intern will become familiar with the workings of an artist fellowship program and the field of social practice art.
By the People: By the People is a new, inclusive, international arts and innovation festival that facilitates connection and celebrates creativity. The intern will become familiar with the workings of a city-wide festival and the field of special event planning.
In addition to the important work that interns will complete, they will have the opportunity to attend various events hosted by Halcyon at Halcyon's HQ, Halcyon Arts Lab, and various other locations.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a concentration in arts management, business, marketing, history, or communications
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer knowledge, including Word, Internet, email, and Excel – special attention to social media is a plus
- Desire to participate in project planning and execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to commit a minimum of 16 hours per week
If this internship opportunity seems like a fit, please submit your area/program of interest, a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using "Intern Application 2018" in the subject line, and we will respond promptly.