You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
Halcyon Arts Lab Program Coordinator
Title: Program Coordinator, Halcyon Arts Lab
Reports To: Program Director, Halcyon Arts Lab
Status: Full-time Exempt
Date: July 3, 2018
Halcyon HQ: Washington, DC
The Halcyon Arts Lab Program Coordinator will be primarily responsible for day-to-day residency activities by supporting and managing the eight Halcyon Arts Lab Fellows, and eight Halcyon Lab Youth Fellows. A successful candidate will establish nurturing relationships with Arts Lab fellows while providing an environment of constructive learning, critique, and dialogue. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Program Director to execute the fellows recruitment and selection process; implement key programming; assist logistical needs for the fellows; and contribute to the growth and sustainability of the Arts Lab program. A successful applicant will have a background in arts administration with a focus on contemporary art practices.
- Plan and implement core programming: fellows orientation, skills series, critiques, artist mentorship, guest artist visits, social outings, and various events
- Manage all aspects of the fellows recruitment and selections process
- Communicate clearly and regularly with fellows, Halcyon staff, and external stakeholders
- Design surveys, collect and analyze data to report on the program’s effectiveness; recommend and implement changes to strengthen the program
- Assist with maintaining and updating social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) for Halcyon Arts Lab, updating the Halcyon Arts Lab webpage, and drafting invitations and key communications in coordination with the Communications Director
- Supervise, mentor, and establish workflow for interns
- Provide support at Halcyon-wide events and programs as needed
- Develop, implement and evaluate Halcyon Arts Lab Youth Fellowship Program
- Help to maintain Halcyon Arts Lab facilities including but not limited to: dance studio scheduling, workshop usage, and gallery programming
- Maintain communication with fellows at the end of each program to foster a strong alumni network
- Perform other duties as requested by the Program Director and Halcyon leadership
Minimum Education Requirements:
• A BA degree or higher
Minimum Experience Requirements:
• 1-2 years of experience in arts-related field, preferably with an interdisciplinary focus.
Skills and Attributes
- A passion for the arts across disciplines and a strong commitment to supporting emerging individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail orientated, and able to work with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Thrive in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, work environment
- Excellent social skills and an ability to work proactively with artists and liaise with donors, sponsors, and other professional colleagues.
Able to work weekend and evenings as required by program responsibilities
- A good sense of humor
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to: inquiry[AT]halcyonhouse[DOT]org.
Download full position description here.