You’re talented, clever and disciplined. We’re entrepreneurial, dedicated and amplified by ideas. Could this be love?
At Halcyon, we’re catalyzing emerging creatives striving for a better world. We don’t just believe in change, we’re affecting change. Through our fellowships, residencies, and artistic and entrepreneurial programming, we convene diverse groups of changemakers in art and social enterprise and provide them with a safe-haven for their bold ideas to take flight.
The Advancement Intern will help cultivate generous philanthropic investment from leaders in Washington, D.C. and around the world to ensure our creatives have the tools and resources they need to change our world. The internship provides incredible exposure to the worlds of social enterprise, civic engagement, and arts for social change.
Job responsibilities include:
- Support Halcyon staff in all areas of advancement, including individual and institutional giving, Board of Trustees relations, and public relations
- Assist in drafting and composing donor invoices and acknowledgements
- Help maintain records of donors, events, activities, and stewardship
- Research prospective donors and institutions
- Assist with the preparation and execution of special donor communications
- Provide crucial logistic support for special events and travel experiences, and offer overall administrative support to the External Relations team
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Undergraduate student with interests in the arts, social enterprise, and/or policy
- Superb written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – special attention to social media is a plus
- Motivated and charismatic personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
Please note: This internship is an unpaid position and only available for course credit.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to Andrew Jacobs at email@example.com.